Tuesday, July 1, 2008

More Good Writing News from eGenerations

I was elated to learn that one of my fellow columnists (there are four of us at eGenerations) is collaborating with another member to collaborate on writing a series of journal entries featuring senior characters. Their "Uncle Charlie" stories are a joy to read. Thanks, Ginny and Charles.

I've also noticed several members trying their hands at writing poetry. Since I love writing rictameters myself, I'm happy to see those poems (none of them, by the way, rictameters). My next column (not published yet) is on senior poetry, which I consider a great way to express interesting ideas in brief and fascinating ways.

Try writing some poetry yourself. The object is not great art, but, as with most of the writing I discuss here, self-expression--and enjoyment.

No comments: