Tuesday, December 9, 2008

A Writer's Confession--and Some Holiday Advice

To my friends and family:


For the first time in many years, I am not sending holiday cards or writing my usual holiday letter. I hope that none of you conclude that I am either dead or permanently disabled. You should all hear from me in January.

If you read my other blog, "Never too Late!" you know that my life has been filled with challenges lately. An account of my knee surgery, my unsold condo, my coming move, and other problems could only be depressing this time of year, and I've run out of time for all the steps I usually take to communicate with everyone at Christmas.

I'm sorry. Last year I was strongly advocating the holiday letter, even though it has a bad reputation. Despite my own challenges, I advise that the rest of you make it a point to send cards and letters to your old friends at this festive time of year. I'm enjoying the cards I've received, and I hope to continue my tradition in 2009.

Happy holidays to all!

No comments: